Montreal-based Shopify experts cooking some Shopify apps.
All kinds of products are sold in bundles. Microsoft Office is sold as a bundle of computer software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Cable companies offer their channels in bundle packages. Even a music album is essentially a bundle of songs.
I believe the goal is not to bundle products, but to bundle value. Because at the end of the day, this is what customers buy.
Provide customers extra value through a compatible product
The best bundles are the most simple and natural ones. When it reaches a point that it feels like a normal product, I mean that the bundle becomes a simple product, like TV channels or a music album, then you know you hold something. Wrap this up with a great pricing, and you are ready to roll.
Simplicity + Familiarity + Discount = The Perfect Bundle
A restaurant trio like burger + fries + drink is the typical bundle. While it increases the restaurant's average order, it also brings more satisfaction to customers. They feel they have more value for their money and even if they pretend they appreciate choice, they don't. Or if they do, they prefer fewer than more choices. Always try to find the right balance between your store's profit and customers' happiness.
Let's take the example of upselling a bundle discounted by 25% compared to buying each products individually (of course offering a discount is an excellent strategy to increase the conversion rate). The example would be to upsell a bundle of a pair of jeans 👖 and a t-shirt 👕.
2. Create a new upsell.
3. Choose to upsell products together in the Upsell type (Bundle).
4. What → Select the products to upsell. You can select a product or a variant only.
5. When → Select when to trigger the upsell on the Jeans product page. We could also display the bundle on the t-shirt product page, but it's harder to upsell a product 3-4 times more expensive (jeans) than the product customers are currently viewing (t-shirt). Still, it's doable and the bundle is the best upsell for that.
6. Discount → Offer a better pricing than individual items to motivate customers to buy the bundle vs only 1 product. The price of the bundle could even be lower than buying the main product only, if your margins allow you this luxury, like in my example I give a 25% discount, from $120 (jeans $100 + t-shirt $20) to $90.
7. Where → Select the location of the upsell: in theme, notification or popup. I choose to display the bundle on the product page.
You can preview different locations. Once you're satisfied, click Save and close the window.
8. You can add a title to the upsell offer like "Complete the look!". Then Select "Published" in the dropdown menu and click the Checkmark icon to Save the Upsell.
9. Sit back, relax and check your numbers grow!
Tabarnapp's mission is to help you get the most of each visit on your Shopify store.